Wednesday, January 11, 2006

You Never Say Goodbye.....

I felt like my heart was tearing from my chest...... Watching my baby girl board that bus... mind you she's no baby anymore. She a beautiful , vibrant , strong willed young woman, off to serve her country proudly. She herself is a Mom, with a 2 year old bouncy, loveable baby girl of her own! SPC Nikki Davis, With the US Army Reserves, 1008th QM Co. Wood River, Illinois. Who from this day on, will be refered to as "Poohy"......I never dreamed, that my daughter would follow in the footsteps of her Grandfather and Grandmother, who both served this country in the Armed Forces. Im so proud of her. I guess it's " in the blood", as we come from a long line of soldiers! Even though Im full of pride, it doesnt take away the pain of watching your child leave for deployment. I have been honored and entrusted with the care of her baby girl.. Breanna... who from this day on, in all of my journaling will be called "Punkin".The purpose of this journal? I wish to document day to day life, while Poohy is gone, to save all the silly moments, and all the joys of her baby girl,that she wont be here for... so that perhaps she can read these postings, and feel a little closer to home. She's sacrificing alot for our country and for the freedom of other nations. I admire her strength and courage, and hope that this small token of my Love will comfort her on the long journey she has ahead.
So babygirl, my "Poohy"... This is for you! Ya never say Goodbye....only so long and Ill see you soon!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to keep in touch. I wish we had something like this and e-mail when I was in Vietnam. I'm proud to be a part of this page and I wish "Poohy" God speed and hope that her deployment is safe and fast. Please know that she and all our troops are in my family's thoughts and prayers each and everyday. And I'm sure mom is appreciated in ways mere words cannot express as she takes care of "Punkin." Best wishes to you all.
Chuck *Doc* Stewart
U.S. Army
Vietnam 8/67-3/69

11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Site Meter