Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Straight From the Heart......

This is Poohy's younger brother Taylor.For years, many thought they were twins, they look that much alike!...Poohy... Taylor wrote this post for you.. Im going to post it exactly the way he wrote it... straight from the heart!!

...A soldier’s mom waits. A soldier’s family waits. The thoughts of my sister being deployed are horrifying. People say, “Aren’t you worried she won’t come back?”….I’ve pondered on this. I am to an extent. But at the same time, I’m not. I feel in my heart that my sister will stand tough over there and be back before ya know it….without a scrape. She’s a strong-willed person, with one hell of a family to come back to. (not bragging lol). It’s upsetting, but I keep good spirits about the situation. In my creative writing class, we were told to write a poem about regret, shame or loss. I chose to write about loss….through the eyes of a soldier’s family that waits. (Mainly Punkin’s) :

Hooah…
…5-4-5…
Twelve to eighteen
Twenty-two,
Two alive.

Bird family backwards
Kissing her parents,
Leaving,
She stays.

Love pulled so far,
Buses make tears,
Flocking to serve,
In land of fireworks.

Ink-penned hole,
in the heart
A signature of life,
Uncle Fear has her.

Woman of arms
Praying to stay alive,
Hooah,
Hooah,
…5-4-5…


Poohy, I dedicate this to you and all those soldiers with you!! My eyes are tearing up, but jus know my heart is smiling at you!! I miss you more than you know, and you will always be with me. I know this is probably going to make you and mom cry….and I’m sorry that it’s tough for you. Just know that in a few months you’ll be back sharing a smile with us, for soldiers….like we are for you!!

I love you!!
--Tay (Your Big Little Bro)



4 Comments:

Blogger Stacy said...

What a wonderful Big Little Brother he is. You sure can tell that you raised your children right.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Thank - You Tracy for the kind words... all we can do is.. raise em the best we know how and pray that we did it right!!!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Thanks fraggle... hugzz and many thanks to your brother. May God bring him home safe !

8:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me finally, I just want to start out by saying i am so honored for all the comments you have left for me. I want to continue by saying that I would not be able to do this without the support of my friends and family, especially the support of a woman I would like to describe as a strong, kind hearted,and beautiful person inside and out. My backbone, my mother. I am so glad to have the respect of you...and even more glad to make you proud. To acclomplish anything in life you have to have some kind of support and you are my heart, my soul and my everything. I am very blessed to have someone like you behind me 110%. I know my baby girl is in the best hands possible. I just want to say thank you for everything you have done, are doing, and are going to do. I will continue to make you proud as well as Granddaddy, and Granny Claire. I know they are with me and they are more proud of you than ever. I love you with all my heart and soul.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Site Meter