Friday, May 12, 2006

"SURPRISE !! " Happy Mother's Day Mommy


Happy Mother's Day Mommy !! I wanted to do something special for you on Mother's Day, but since you are so very far away this year, I couldnt send you flowers or even help you plant them either.We have always had flowers on your special day! So Mamaw and I decided to plant a garden FOR you instead. I know you cannot smell them, or see how beautiful they are, but you will know that there are flowers just for you, somewhere in the world, on this, your special day! I worked very very hard on this for you, I helped plant every single flower you see! I also painted on the signs. Now there are handprints here to match the ones I sent you..



Here's a list of the flowers we chose and what they stand for !

  • The "Patriot" Hosta - This stands for YOU ! Our Patriot and my Soldier Mommy!It represents your courage and strength to serve and protect our country, and make our home safe. We admire the sacrifice youve made willingly.. to make the world a better place!

  • "Pixie" Lillies- This stands for Our Lord who watches over you, to guide you on your mission and bring you safely home to me!

  • The "Peace" Rose- Peace is really what we want for "all the people" in Iraq, so that they can live free, and the children can grow up in happiness like I do here at home!

  • Lots of "Impatiens"- These are for all the reasons I "impatiently" wait for you to come home!

  • The Field Stones- These encircle the garden so that you can see our "Rock Solid" support for you, from family, friends and community. We stand behind your choice to serve our country 100% !!!

  • Little Girl on Bicycle- Well.........THATS ME !! In the middle of it all !! Im there to show you that I LOVE YOU and am so very proud of all the sacrifices you are making, so that this world will be a better place for me to live. I know that in everything you do, I am the reason, and I thank-you for protecting me with everything you've got to give!!


  • I love you more than anything in this whole wide world Mommy, and I hope we have made your very special day, just a little more special. Im also sending you lots of Hugs & Kisses. We will talk to you soon... but til then.. "HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY !!!! "

    4 Comments:

    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    You two did a slendish job on the garden! What a wonderful idea ~

    10:37 AM  
    Blogger Stacy said...

    This is beautiful. I know that your daughter will love it.

    8:50 AM  
    Blogger sher said...

    What a wonderful gesture! I love the thought and effort that went into this. It just proves how true are the words "It is the thought that counts"

    8:52 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I have been trying to get around to all who have sent prayers our way. It has taken a while. Sher and I thank you.

    10:59 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Image hosted by Photobucket.com



    Site Meter