Tuesday, May 30, 2006

What a Blast!!!

Hello everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day ! I so love that our country sets aside a day of rememberance, for the many wonderful people who have served our country, and in many cases have given there life for it. Without them we would not have the freedom to celebrate anything at all. For those serving now and in the past... I send many Thanks...

I recently went to a local event I have never been to. My sisters - in - law have always told me what fun Im missing... so this year I attended my 1st ever "Perennial Exchange" Its a flower and plant club, that puts on a swap twice a year. Everyone brings plants, of which they have too many. The tables were full of wonderful plants & flowers. Im somewhat new to perennials, so it was as much a learning experience for me, as a great way to accumulate new plants & flowers. I brought alot of wild woods ferns for my "swap offering", as I learned many folks dont have access to these beauties, especially those living in the city. We went around all the tables and mapped out our favorites and planned our route of attack...lol.. At 9 am sharp the President of the Exchange annouces "Start Trading!!!" Oh myyyy.... what a wild time that was. It felt like a penny sale at Nieman Marcus... People where runnin around grabbing plants like mad! Crazy I tell ya!! It didnt take me long to catch on, and I too was in the "grab and run" mode !. I came away with a nice bounty of new plants and flowers for my gardens. It was the neatest thing Ive been to in a long time. And what a money saver! Gardening gets quite expensive these days, and to get them free? Well how much better can it get... Needless to say I joined this great little group, and plan on many more fun swaps in the future!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so envious and in complete awe of anyone who does not kill plants. Thank goodness my husband has a green thumb or we'd be living without any thing green around us. I love to have plants around me ~ I just hate how they cringe when they see me coming...

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Site Meter