Thursday, March 30, 2006

A long Week ~ Then a Big Sigh

What a week Ive had. I have joined the thousands of Moms who ride the emotional roller-coaster, with constant ups and downs. Mostly Im up... but when Im down ... its aweful. Ive done alot of soul searching this week, finally coming to grips with the magnitude of the mission my Poohy has undertaken. Im so proud and so sad all at the same time.Coming home from the deployment ceremony was a long quiet ride.. upon returning home, there were many items left right where Poohy left them, and I fell apart. Old uniforms...civilian clothes... her perfume.. her toothpaste.. half eaten bags of goodies.. it seemed everywhere I looked there she was... I was powerless to move ANYTHING, as if by leaving it where it was, I could hold her here awhile longer. I found myself just walking around touching these things and they brought me comfort.Then I got really deep into my thoughts, of other families going thru this same thing... of the families who have been doing this for a lot longer than I have. I owe you all a heartfelt apology! I have always had the Soldiers in my heart, and have faithfully prayed for their missions to be successful, for them to remain safe and out of harms way and to have speedy return home. But I truely never gave much thought to the endless numbers of family, that belonged to those soldiers. Nor the heavy hearts and minds, they have carried day after day, for a very long time. The questions to which they had no answers, to the long pauses in communication with their loved ones, to those who prayed and waited, only to have their soldier returned to them maimed, injured or perhaps not returned at all. I am truely ashamed that I never thought of them, these wonderful families, just like yours and mine..I guess now that I am one... it clicked on the light bulb! The support out there is tremendous! Families do not have to go it alone. There are wonderful groups all supporting each other.. that it touches me deeply! We are after all one family, each dealing in our own way, and hopefully helping others when they need us. We all need a shoulder sometimes. Ill be glad to listen to you when your sad... and cry with you. If ya wanna rant and rave , Ill listen... for tomorrow I may need you! We are fighting our way thru this, just like our soldiers are... and there aint noooo book gonna teach us how to get thru it... all we can do is our best, so that our soldiers are as proud of us as we are of them!
So after this roller coaster week Ive been on... a small light shined brightly, to relieve me of my emotions for a moment. Ive heard from Poohy! She reached her initial destination safely, (Thank-You God !) Ive survived the first hurdle, for today my baby girl is safe and my heart is glad. Ill be forever grateful, for each tiny moment of Joy I recieve during this hard and trying time. Punkin is a God-Send to me. She's pure delight, and is dealing with Mommy being gone,as well as she can , considering her tender age of 2. She and the Good Lord keep me going.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nikki you are always in my prayers,I am so proud of you and thankful to you for what you are doing. Stay safe!
Love you,
Aunt Kim
Grady and Claire

3:21 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

We are all here for you. I know that I can sit back and say that everything will be ok for your daughter, but it will still not ease your pain and worrying. I think that when my son left for Iraq, I aged 10 years, and I might be just starting to get some of those years back now. It's tough, and I definately won't sugar coat it for you. Just remember, if you ever need anything, please let us know.

8:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my, where do I begin, I am so glad you are all so supportive of my mama. The words you have written mom, put me in a state of astonishment. I am at a loss for words. Everytime I stop crying long enough to finsh reading everything new, I start to cry again. I am so proud of you and what you are doing. Thank you so much for being there, I am glad I have someone like you behind me 110%...I wouldn't ask for anyone different. Love you bunches.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Jackie you are so right! God has always carried me thru... sometime we forget that He is the reason we do get thru everything!

2:06 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Babygirl, from the moment you were born Ive been behind you all the way... yes even thru those teen years!!!lolol I will always be there for you~

2:07 PM  
Blogger Patricia said...

Awwwwwwwww Hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz to you MS. L I know Poohy is broken hearted that you are not there with her.You two will always be joined at the hip!! But we are blessed and so is your family that you are home.Your my kid too ya know... I love you and am proud that you pushed as hard as you did. But it was God's will for you to remain home.Please keep in touch with us!!

10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Image hosted by Photobucket.com



Site Meter